Home Wales

Match Discussion: Estonia v Wales - World Cup 2022 Qualifier

edited October 12 in Wales

This is the place to discuss all things related to the Estonia v Wales World Cup 2022 Group E Qualifying game on Monday, 11 October 2021 at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn.

Kick-off is at 7:45pm and the game will be shown live on S4C and Sky Sports Main Event.

Share your pre and post match thoughts, views on Robert Page's pre or post match comments and team selection.

Comments

• I am more optimistic for tonight's game after the performance against the Czechs,

If we play with the same intensity and tempo we should come away with a win ,

Maybe start with the same team that started the game then bring on the subs after 60 mins .

SeaJackWebmaster
  • I second that optimistic view Malc. I was mightily impressed with the way that Wales handled the Czech’s. Dare I say it we seemed to deal with Bale’s absence remarkably well and may even have played better without him. His contribution to a game can happen in an instant though even when he’s having an off game.

• Good save by Ward that will give him confidence , what a save from Connor shot ,

Yes Moore scores 1 nil

• Dominating possession but have to be careful as they can break well, need that second goal, so far so good

• We may be dominating possession not so fluent as Friday .

Estonia look a better team than the Czechs , need the second goal

• What a tough second half big win for us .

• Created very few real chances and made hard work of that, still 3 points in the bag, let's hope moore needs a rest after coming off injured 😃

• Could easily have been 0-3 up in the first half. I was expecting more of the same in the 2nd 45mins with another goal or two but alas it wasn’t to be. Still it’s a win and one which may hold us in good stead for 2nd place in the table.

• Even our Liam would have been a better sub than Harris last night. He looked completely lost on the pitch.

• Should have brought on Tyler Roberts ,

Is Keiffer Moore a dirty player or being unnecessarily picked on by referees

• He is your old style centre forward not dirty but I suppose hard enough to give and take knocks under normal refereeing standards

• I've been saying this for a while now, I'm still trying to work out why/how Harris keeps getting called up?

• Doesn't that apply to Gunter also. There must be some really p**d off defenders when they see his name on the teamsheet.

Rhydian
  • More suited to the EFL ,referees here let those aerial challenges go , in Europe they are penalised .

• Terrible ref who watched about 8 occasions in first half when Welsh player hauled down when on the break

Pen for foul on Moore second half

Cynical bunch looking for a lucky bounce

Didn't get one and Wales have to learn to take their chances better

Didn't know Estonia RFC were playing though

azzuriswanSeaJack