Home Swansea City

A message to our squad, and to those Potter is hoping to get in on loan

If you are active on social media - and I don’t know a football player who isn’t - chances are you will have visited this site. You may have seen Steve say that he hopes you will get a hammering against Preston. You may have seen Andrew2 call you “never beens and will never be” and “under 23s who are not good enough by 22 to make it”. You may have seen Phillip describe you as “no one we have ever heard of”.

These people are not representative of the vast majority of Swans supporters who will get behind you and sing their hearts out if you play like you did against Sheffield United. 

Leon Britton has told us recently how much it hurts players when keyboard warriors unthinkingly slam them. Sam Clucas told us how it had damaged his confidence (I hope that doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse now he is playing for one of our rivals). 

Please ignore the idiots. As long as you are wearing a Swans kit you are a Jack and we will try to be the 12th man for you.
Arch_Stantonbigoak

Comments

• edited August 2018
    PS      Be prepared to shoulder the blame and to be shown the door by email at the December transfer window if results go wrong for the first 3 months.
  • Cadleigh
    What a load of tosh.
    I have called every moment of the last, depressing three years exactly how it has turned out. Even the last two months, when I stated clearly the board will sell any player at any price and replace with never beens, which is true, and under 23s, who have not been good enough. 

What do you want anyone to say then ? That Rondon is a better player than Fed ? That having one centre half is a good idea ?

Oh, I know, if McBurnie, a young centre forward who may or may not make it gets injured on Saturday, we will play Dyer up front maybe ? Is that a great position to be in ?

On another post, Stuart James has allegedly said we will end up in League 2, that is if we are lucky. Get it Cadleigh, if we are lucky, we may end up in Division 4., it could well be the end of Swansea City you muppet.

Give me strength you idiot, and you think its the fault of some social media we are in this position.

I need a dark room now.
  • Andrew,
    You totally miss the point. Personally, I am afraid of what the future holds for the club & your scenario might well happen (if it does I will still be there, even in the National League, will you? Direct answer please) 
    No it is not social medias fault we are in this position, not is it the remaining/new players/management fault. It all lies at the Owners/Directors feet.
    But two things bother me about your posts, as I see them. 
    1) The sanctimonious, look at me, I told you so attitude, that you have, when you come on the site to comment. Is it important to rub everyone's nose in your brilliance. Unless of course you intend to be the Saviour also?
    2) The demeaning of the players, even before they have done anything. e.g. How do you know Roden isn't going to be a sensation (& better then Fede, who many have slagged off previously). 
    Are LB's & SC's points not valid. 
    The players are who they are & require our 100% support (especially now) So please use more supportive language towards them. Try wishing them well!! That would be novel. 
    Finally, in reality there is only one vehicle (other than a sugar daddy) that can possibly save/stabilise the Club & that is the Trust. It has it's faults BUT it is the only sheriff in town.
    Please don't respond by justifying your comments etc. But would welcome your views/action plan on how we ensure the future safety of the club (after all you had clear views on how it was going wrong, so you must have some expertise)

HerbieCadleighMark_Jack_LondonPablo
  • Cadleigh said:
    WIf you are active on social media - and I don’t know a football player who isn’t - chances are you will have visited this site. You may have seen Steve say that he hopes you will get a hammering against Preston. You may have seen Andrew2 call you “never beens and will never be” and “under 23s who are not good enough by 22 to make it”. You may have seen Phillip describe you as “no one we have ever heard of”.

These people are not representative of the vast majority of Swans supporters who will get behind you and sing their hearts out if you play like you did against Sheffield United. 

Leon Britton has told us recently how much it hurts players when keyboard warriors unthinkingly slam them. Sam Clucas told us how it had damaged his confidence (I hope that doesn’t come back to bite us in the arse now he is playing for one of our rivals). 

Please ignore the idiots. As long as you are wearing a Swans kit you are a Jack and we will try to be the 12th man for you.
    My comment has said in the heat of the moment due to anger and frustration, much worse has been said on social media!
  • Understand totally Steve. Sheer anger and heat of the moment. There was a side of me too when i saw what happened yesterday that wanted that to happen to stick two fingers up at the board. However i know that when push comes to shove everyone on here wants these boys to do well and i like you will i’m sure be cheering them on far more vociferously than i have ever done before come Saturday.
  • BILLY REID

We knew the situation here before we came in. There are certain areas where we have to recognise it is a 46-game season and are a little bit short in terms of numbers. We have the loan market to work and we will have to be prudent in that.

"Things here can be a fresh start and we have a group of players who will flourish.

"The most important thing for us as a management team is fans get behind us. We realise at the moment things are a little bit more difficult than maybe we thought but we have full belief in Graham."

• I also said I was going to shout at Jenkins until thrown out, that to was down to anger!
    However I will join any demonstration against the board and Jenkins!
  • Stephen
    Firstly, I have missed very few matches since the early 70s, so I doubt if a drop out  of the league would bother me. I have done Workington away midweek, so can not say there is anywhere in that league that would put me off.

It was not brilliance, or any more knowledge than anyone else had, it was bleeding obvious what was going on. As it was about the story of Jenkins and Morgan running around South America looking for a manager when they were in fact selling the club elsewhere. These are things The Trust should have seen, if I and others saw it from afar, how the hell did the trust not ? I am so angry they ignored ALL the signs, and there were dozens. Saviour, not me, not wealthy enough, but there are local people who maybe.

There is no demeaning of the players, I have not slatted anyone, they are simply facts. Rondon may well end up a good player, but not by Saturday, the never beens are just that, they may be somebody one day, but not by Saturday. We haven't even signed a has been, thats how bad it is.

As for how the club gets out of the mess it is in, I am beginning to think that administration can not come soon enough. If The Trust can get its act together, sort out any infighting, move forward as a united front, it may well be better for the club, even if we suffer further relegation to League 2, stopping the club leaving the league is the most important.

However, and this is also a scenario I have warned of, administration, with Jenkins and Morgan seeing themselves as some sort of White Knights, buy buying the club back from the ashes. Do not write this situation off. 
  • The only way I can see the Trust being of any use now is if they win the court case and receive the money that can be the rainy day fund that the club looks likely to need in the not too distant future. My only fear about this though is that the owners will recoup their losses through the club finances somehow as a parting shot against SCFC. The question is will they bless the club dry anyway regardless of whatever the Trust do. One thing is for sure. The Trust will need whatever money they can generate to offset the owners’ forthcoming machinations. This is the Petty era turned up to 11 by the looks of it. Let’s hope that administration isn’t the end game despite the feeling that the wind has turned in that direction.
  • There has been rumblings that  MM wants to buy the club back I think he’ll wait till the price of the shares go rock bottom until he makes his move . He did the same with Travel house but we will have to wait and see as no one else has any money
  • Andrew2 said:
    Stephen
    Firstly, I have missed very few matches since the early 70s, so I doubt if a drop out  of the league would bother me. I have done Workington away midweek, so can not say there is anywhere in that league that would put me off.

It was not brilliance, or any more knowledge than anyone else had, it was bleeding obvious what was going on. As it was about the story of Jenkins and Morgan running around South America looking for a manager when they were in fact selling the club elsewhere. These are things The Trust should have seen, if I and others saw it from afar, how the hell did the trust not ? I am so angry they ignored ALL the signs, and there were dozens. Saviour, not me, not wealthy enough, but there are local people who maybe.

There is no demeaning of the players, I have not slatted anyone, they are simply facts. Rondon may well end up a good player, but not by Saturday, the never beens are just that, they may be somebody one day, but not by Saturday. We haven't even signed a has been, thats how bad it is.

As for how the club gets out of the mess it is in, I am beginning to think that administration can not come soon enough. If The Trust can get its act together, sort out any infighting, move forward as a united front, it may well be better for the club, even if we suffer further relegation to League 2, stopping the club leaving the league is the most important.

However, and this is also a scenario I have warned of, administration, with Jenkins and Morgan seeing themselves as some sort of White Knights, buy buying the club back from the ashes. Do not write this situation off. 
    Thank you for your considered reply. However, how about
    "Good luck to Joe Rodon & all the players. We hope you bring your A game to tomorrow & the future. Fulfill your dreams. We are all behind you & GP. 
    Cadleigh
  • A message to our squad

Cadleigh is also not representative of 'true' supporters, whatever that means (that's one Pablo likes to use as well - very subjective, I find)

Anyway, just to let you guys know, he certainly doesn't speak for me, I speak for myself and I can tell you that whoever crosses the white line on Saturday has my full support.

But unfortunately, and you need to understand this, there is much discontent and indeed hatred towards the people who pay your wages. The happy clappy rattle wavers may want to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend it's not happening, but an awful lot of us can't. So there will be a toxic atmosphere this season, there will be a lot of protest and unfortunately there might be days where it is probably going to overspill into criticism of your performances if things aren't going well on the pitch. 

You may as well know that now. Understand that this is not our mess though, or yours. It is the mess of the treacherous ****** who run our club and don't care about football anymore. 
    enaitchSteveBifJoH
  • Well done. I am sure that any potential recruits reading that will be super excited about getting a call from Potter.

Bif
  • Cadleigh said:
    Well done. I am sure that any potential recruits reading that will be super excited about getting a call from Potter.

I was looking for a ****** off and do one emoji, couldn't find one so sadly p...........
  • best of luck to who ever pulls on the shirt tomorrow and know the fans to a person are with you its the owners that are shafting every one
  • I'd suggest we follow a post I saw on twitter.

Toxic atmosphere will not help the team, and they need every bit of help we can give them right now.

So how do we show our disgust at what has gone on this window?

Boycott all commercial activities.

Dont buy the programme.
    Dont buy a burger, hotdog, cuppa, chips or choc bar - fact is they're over priced anyway, and will help your beach body.
    Dont buy from the bars - A fiver a pint this season should make that easier!
    Dont go in the shop or buy any official merch.
    Dont buy any of the hospitality packages.

All of those things will hit the Board, and especially Pearlman badly.

Block their twiiter feed. stop following their Youtube account. Dont visit the official website. cancel the app.

A mass adoption of those tactics will give a very loud message.
    NorfolkJackgarythenotrashcougarDubDragon
  • Great post Mark - that is exactly what I'll be doing. These people only talk in one language. Hit them the only way it will hurt them - in the pocket.
  • Agreed. Great post Mark. Leave the players and coaching staff out of this. I have no doubt they will give 110% out there tomorrow and need our support.
  • At last someone who is talking sense, Mark_Jack_London
    you have my support....  

• Reid was manager at Hamiton Accademicals and Clyde.  I am sure he has seen a few dissapointments along the road over tight purse strings. 
  • Cadleigh said:
    Well done. I am sure that any potential recruits reading that will be super excited about getting a call from Potter.

You'd swear that we're the only club in history who has disgruntled fans and have aired their frustrations on social media. 
  • I'd suggest we follow a post I saw on twitter.

Toxic atmosphere will not help the team, and they need every bit of help we can give them right now.

Dont buy the programme.
    Dont buy a burger, hotdog, cuppa, chips or choc bar - fact is they're over priced anyway, and will help your beach body.

Block their twiiter feed. stop following their Youtube account. Dont visit the official website. cancel the app.

5 quid a pint for that p!ss!!! Give me strength.

I'd go one step further. I'd like a mass walkout at a specific time for a specifc amount of time similar to what Valencia did when we played them. Make it clear beforehand vis scoial medita etc. it's aimed purely at the board and not the players.  For me, it's come to this.
  • edited August 2018
    Boycotting the commercial operations makes sense. A mass walk-out would only unsettle the players and undermine their confidence IMO.

Mark_Jack_London
  • Cadleigh said:

You'd swear that we're the only club in history who has disgruntled fans and have aired their frustrations on social media. 
  • JoH said:
    I'd suggest we follow a post I saw on twitter.

Dont buy the programme.

5 quid a pint for that p!ss!!! Give me strength.

I'd go one step further. I'd like a mass walkout at a specific time for a specifc amount of time similar to what Valencia did when we played them. Make it clear beforehand vis scoial medita etc. it's aimed purely at the board and not the players.  For me, it's come to this.
    stupid idea - how does that help the players? disappointment over transfers and we're planning mass walkouts...grow up 
    Cadleigh
  • @Mark_Jack_London... excellent!
    As for a mass walkout at a certain time??? That won't help the team at all... the team and management will forever have my support...
    How about a mass protest AFTER the game... outside... a sit in protest AFTER the final whistle?
    Imo far better ways along with MJL's ideas.
    But during the game we have to get behind GP & his team!
    Pablo
  • JoH said:
    Cadleigh said:

JoH - I don’t care about other clubs, I care about the Swans. And it’s not me saying it, it’s Leon. Read his twitter feed.
  • Missing the point completely you idiot. And where exactly did I mention disappoinment over transfers?

It's a protest of how our club has been run over the past 3 years. 

• The club's problem is the lack of incoming cash.  Reducing the cash coming in will not help.  Fair play to Mark he is coming up with ideas even if they are very stupid. .I expect many outlets are sub contracted and Mark's idea will put local people on minimum wage out of work. It will not affect Mark in London one jot.
  • I dont support a walk out at this stage, or mass vocal protests. 

Commercial is the way to go. It is what they understand. We arent on telly in the US now, so their investors wont see any of that anyway.

Next step would be to contact sponsors and tell them they are associated with a toxic brand.

only then, if stuff doesnt make any impact, would you start to make protests near the field of play, and as a last resort. because we cannot afford to let this affect the players.

Walk outs to start with. then banners and targeted chants etc.